From an early age, Jason Katzenback has been a born leader. At the age of 23, he declared to his fellow employees that he would be their boss within 5 years. After accomplishing that, he realized he was not meant to be an employee and went on to learn traffic secrets from John Reese, which enabled him to quit his job and create a business that did $3.5 million the following year.
Jason has a knack for teaching others, and it was a natural transition to the creation of Amazing.com where he and his business partner, Matt Clark have taught over 30,000 students how to build a successful Amazon business.
Jason discusses the difference between running your business vs. leading your business, how to effectively get to a point where you can start to outsource simpler jobs to focus on more important tasks, and how to scale up. Jason has been a successful Amazon seller for years and has great insight on how to sell on Amazon today as things are always changing on the ecommerce platform.
“You have to be able to run and lead your business – don’t rely on other people, they don’t have your vision.” – Jason Katzenback
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How Jason Katzenback met his co-founder which led to the creation of Amazing.com.
- Why it’s important to have complete belief in your own product.
- How to scale your team up effectively and how to know which people to hire next.
- The formula he learned from Todd Herman on how to segment your time efficiently.
- Tips and insights as to what it take to be a successful seller on Amazon right now.
- How he was able to grab the incredible domain name Amazing.com.
- The important difference between leading your business vs. running your business.
- How to document your tasks to make it easier to outsource.
- How to set up an employee properly to ensure success for both of you.
- Key qualities of being a good leader.
- Plus much much more
Contact Jason Katzenback:
References and Links Mentioned:
- The EGP Letter – Get our print newsletter
- Yanik Silver’s Mavericks
- Todd Herman
- Amazon’s Sponsored Ads
- How To Sell A Ton On Amazon Without Having Your Own Products – Dean Soto
- How To Build A Solid Team And Create Rabid Fan Customers – Josh Bartlett
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!