Twelve years ago, Ralph Burns was working an admittedly slimy corporate job. He had a great salary, but he was absolutely miserable. As a side gig, he started blogging about sales management to see if he could make a better career happen.
When a scandal broke at work, Ralph got pinned as the fall guy. He was out of a job and had to make his side gig bring in some real money. He decided to try advertising a client on Facebook. An hour later, traffic was pouring in and he knew he’d found the career he was looking for.
Now Ralph is the CEO of Tier 11, an agency that specializes in Facebook and Instagram advertising. He manages a portfolio with an annual spend in excess of $50 million. Oh, he also happens to be the co-host of the wildly successful Perpetual Traffic Podcast too.
Listen in as Matt and Joe pick Ralph Burns’s brain about ad strategies for Facebook and Instagram, what Facebook is working on to make targeting super easy, and why chatbot advertising is getting unbelievable response rates. When you’re done, check out our talks with Dennis Yu and Curt Maly to round out your Facebook ad knowledge.
Never try to sell something that you have no idea if the market actually wants it.” – Ralph Burns
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The best targets for up-sales that will instantly upscale your business
- Why you should always devote money and time to cold traffic
- How to screen your clients and know if they’re viable
- 3 tips to keep your Facebook ads engaging
- Why starting a business on Amazon could keep it from being viable elsewhere
- How to know a killer offer when you see one
- Where to get the intelligence you need for your biggest campaigns
- Facebook’s new feature that’s going to revolutionize e-commerce
- The ad platform that is reaching customers across the board right now (it’s not Facebook)
- What kind of ads to run for a physical product vs. an information product
- How to use ManyChat to get unbelievable response rates
Contact Ralph Burns:
- Tier 11
- Perpetual Traffic Podcast
- Work with Ralph
- And connect with him on Facebook
References and Links Mentioned:
- GenM (Sponsor) – Find marketing apprentices for $50/mo
- Facebook Creative Shop
- Molly Pittman on Facebook
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- How To Build A Recognizable Brand Using $1 Ads – Dennis Yu
- Unique Facebook Ad Strategies That Are Making People Rich – Curt Maly
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!