Esther “Pinky” Kiss is deep into the world of public relations and is the founder of Born To Influence, a boutique publicity firm specializing in helping experts and personal brands get more publicity, leads, and sales. Her clients have been featured on TV, in newspapers, magazines and on some of the top podcasts in the world, resulting in millions of dollars in additional sales.
She’s also the producer and host of Born To Influence: The Marketing Show, where she interviews highly successful entrepreneurs and New York Times bestselling about their publicity and marketing strategies.
In this episode, we chat with Esther and pick her brain about everything podcasting, media, and networking. She discusses what to do if you are just beginning, who to approach and who to avoid, as well as tips on how to promote yourself on the variety of formats, since podcasts, radio, and television all have their nuances. Listen in to Esther’s lovely accent and when you are done, check out our episodes with Andrew O’Brien and Steve Olsher for more media placement golden nuggets.
“The whole point of media is to build trust and in order to build trust it’s imperative that you didn’t just buy that spot, you really are doing it based on merit” – Esther Kiss
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to get on a podcast
- What kinds of things you can do to help the podcasters
- How to get on the radio and national TV
- Why you want to be very careful when it comes to paid PR
- How to talk in sound bites
- How Esther makes the connection between direct response and podcasting
- What to do if you are just starting out
- How to get your televised video from a service
- New and upcoming things in the podcasting world
- Current scams and places to avoid in the PR world
- And much, much more!
Contact Esther Kiss:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Get the EGP Letter here
- Forbes Coaches Counsel
- TV Video Clips
- Brad Costanzo at Bacon Wrapped Business
- Take the quiz on Esther’s site to see if PR is a good fit for you
- Ryan Levesque
- Our episode with Andrew O’Brien
- And our episode with Steve Olsher
- Elephant Journal.
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!