In this episode, Joe sits down with Greg Merrilees, an entrepreneur who has built a thriving design business from the ground up. Greg shares his journey of being squeezed out of his t-shirt business 10 years ago and pivoting to a new venture that brings true value to his clients.
Throughout the episode, Greg provides valuable insights into the world of design and entrepreneurship, including how to stay focused on your goals, demystifying AI, and capturing brands and personalities in his designs. He also shares the core principles of design that influence his work and the psychological drivers he incorporates into his designs.
But it’s not all about business! Greg emphasizes the importance of finding balance outside of work, sharing his personal journey of scaling down his workload and prioritizing self-care.
He also discusses the routines and disciplines he uses to stay sharp and energized, and the importance of finding happiness and fulfillment outside of your business. Whether you’re an entrepreneur looking to build a successful business or simply looking for inspiration to live a fulfilling life, this episode has something for everyone!
And… him and his team at Studio1Design are the ones who created the brand new Hustle & Flowchart website! If you are looking to optimize your website or get a new one designed, they are my go-to team.
Take a comprehensive quiz Greg put together by clicking here and learn how to optimize your site! (You’ll also be able to score some free social banners if you end up getting your site designed by them)
Some topics discussed in this episode:
- The power of pivoting: Hear how Greg turned a challenging situation into a thriving business that brings true value.
- Staying focused on your goals: Learn how a business coach can help you stay on track and push through tough times.
- Design trends and inspiration: Discover how to keep up with the latest trends and select the best designs to bring your vision to life.
- Demystifying AI: Learn how artificial intelligence can be a powerful tool for design, not a threat.
- Core principles of design: Hear from an expert on the fundamental principles that make great design.
- The psychology of design: Find out how to tap into the psychological drivers that can make your designs even more effective.
- Capturing brands and personalities: Learn how to create designs that truly capture your clients’ unique brand and personality.
- The strategy of design: Discover why strategy is just as important as design itself when it comes to achieving your goals.
- Finding balance: Hear from an entrepreneur who scaled down his workload and rediscovered his passion for life outside of business.
- Prioritizing self-care: Learn the routines and disciplines that successful entrepreneurs use to stay sharp and energized.
- Finding happiness outside of business: Discover the importance of having an outlet and finding fulfillment in all areas of life.
How to contact Greg Merrilees:
References & links mentioned:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- SPIN Selling
- James Schramko – Online Business Coach & James Schrmako’s latest episode here
Thanks for tuning into this episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast!
If the information in these conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes (or wherever you listen), subscribe to the show, and leave me an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help me reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!