You are going to love our chat today with Ty Cohen, a longtime entrepreneur, who is now taking over the world of online publishing. There’s a lot of money to be made with Amazon Publishing, and whether you are a writer or not, Ty teaches people how to get your books published in the world’s biggest online bookstore. His students consist of writers who want to get their content out to the masses, authority figures who publish in order to get leads for their courses and high ticket offers, as well as people who use ghostwriters to publish a series of books with a huge audience behind them.
Listen in as Ty talks about what niches to publish in, how to find out what your audience is reading before you pick a subject, and how he teaches his students to market. He also discusses where to advertise, how to repurpose your content and where to find people to write for you as well as create audio books. Lastly, Ty chats about some opportunities he has outside of the publishing world and his thoughts on NFTs and leaving a legacy. After you have listened and realized the opportunity behind publishing, check out our chats with Laura Gale and Rob Kosberg for even more insight and vision into the world of self-publishing.
“In internet marketing we always hear that you want to go with the niches, which is fine sometimes. But when you want to make a lot of money…when you want to be to the point where you are continuously making cash where it’s hard to shut it off, you want to go where the markets are wide and evergreen.” – Ty Cohen
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What niches to look at when publishing
- Example of categories where Ty’s students are crushing it, including Ty’s teenage son who is make $4K a month publishing in one particular category
- The easiest way to get someone to buy from you
- Writing a book vs. hiring a ghostwriter
- Creating a journey for your reader where they will want to buy from you over and over again
- The one important approach that most non-fiction authors are missing
- The 3 must have criteria when you are doing your market research
- How to repurpose the book you’ve already made and where to hire people to make it an easy process
Resources From Ty Cohen:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Want to get the Action Guide from this episode? Grab them here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique “PodHacks.” We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out this special deal for our listeners.
- How To Publish And Market A Book Into Millions In Sales – Rob Kosberg
- A Step-By-Step Blueprint To Write And Publish Your Book – Laura Gale
Enjoy the video version of our interview with Ty Cohen:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!