Markian Sich is not only one of our biggest fans and listeners, but he has also put a lot of the things we talk about into practice. He’s a third-generation Ukrainian immigrant who learned about the opportunities that our great country provides its citizens and as a result, he started to pursue real estate investing as a method of securing his financial future.
He’s an active duty Marine who teaches what he has learned about real estate investing to others in the military through his course and community at Active Duty Passive Income. We talk about the benefits of owning a turnkey property, what to look for when investing in real estate, different ways to monetize your investment ,and some of the first steps you can take towards creating passive, mailbox income for yourself.
When you’re done, be sure to listen to our shows with Scott Carson and Cory Boatright as we discuss more ways to create real estate wealth, how to buy a property with no money down and the treasure trove of real estate they people are ignoring.
“All these light bulbs went off and I realized what, in my humble opinion, what makes America tick and what was the cornerstone of American wealth is that it’s real estate” – Markian Sich
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What to look for in your first investment property
- How to be sure you are running the numbers correctly
- Why you don’t even need to live in the same area that you are investing in
- Defining syndication deals and which one may be better for your real estate growth
- How those in active duty are able to buy their first property, even if they are moving from station to station
- Limited partners, general partners, and accredited investors and how they relate to investment opportunities
- Ways to start out with investing, even if you are not in the military
- How to use the 1% rule in your investing strategy
- Why Markian prefers to have monthly checks coming in over traditional savings
- How to create the proper system and surround yourself with the right team
- And much, much more!
Contact Markian Sich:
- Check out Markian’s book: Military House Hacking on Amazon
- Or email him at Markian@ActiveDutyPassiveIncome.com to get the book
References and Links Mentioned:
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Bigger Pockets
- Markian’s podcast
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- Today’s show is co-sponsored by Easy Webinar and Casey Zeman. He has put together a 20% off deal for our listeners. Be sure to check them out as they have live webinars, hybrid webinars, automated webinars and social media functionality, everything you need for webinars in a single platform.
- We are also sponsored by Steve Olsher and his podcast Beyond 8 Figures, where he and his hosts, Mary Goulet and Richard Otey chat with amazing entrepreneurs who have either run or have exited a business that has produced over eight figures.
- The Journey To Creating Real Estate Wealth – Cory Boatright
- How A Master Digital Marketer Uses His Skills To Crush It In Real Estate – Scott Carson
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!