JJ Virgin is a celebratory nutrition expert, having appeared on the Dr. Phil television show regularly for a couple of years. She’s also been featured on Dr. Oz, The Today Show, Rachael Ray and spent 26 weeks on the New York Times Bestsellers List with her book The Virgin Diet.
In this episode we listen to JJ’s story of how she began her fitness career, how a chance encounter with a client led her to reshape her future with amazing results, and how marketing has let her scale her business where she is now assisting doctors and others to get their own marketing dialed in and their personal brands sharpened.
JJ is a great storyteller and a smart businesswoman and you will love her personality as she delves into her interesting past, with all its ups and downs. After you’ve listened to JJ’s story and since you probably have a book in you as well (and who doesn’t), be sure to check out our previous podcast where we discuss how we were able to write an entire book in a weekend as well as our podcast with Chandler Bolt, on how to self-publish a bestseller and use it to grow your business.
“Everyone looks at success, and they look at that one point in time, everything goes viral. And you’re a success and money is flowing in. But they don’t realize, it’s a massive grind.” – JJ Virgin
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to juggle so many different things with a multitude of businesses
- How to make sure your business is consistently scaling and growing
- How Joe & Matt used the “mattress method” when first starting out (it’s not what you think)
- How to get your brand known
- How to generate leads especially for health related fields
- Thunderstorms and 6 pound dogs
- How marketing sent JJ on an upward path to scale her business
- And much, much more!
Contact JJ Virgin:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Get the EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com. We use this amazing tool all the time to drum out content ideas with their keyword explorer, and as of this episode, they have a 7 day $7 trial. About once per week, we plug in our URL, and it will tell us the keywords we are ranking for and the traffic volume, which is our low hanging fruit SEO strategy (shhhh).
- Iconic by Scott McCain
- Michael Stelzner’s interview with Scott McCain
- JJ Virgin’s podcast
- Dr. Joe Mercola
- The 4 Hour Workweek
- Allie Brown’s $100k mastermind group
- Brendan Bouchard
- The Virgin Diet
- Business Lunch podcast
- Reignite Wellness
- Our podcast where we discuss how we wrote a book in a weekend
- Our podcast with Chandler Bolt
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!