On today’s show, we are chatting with Jason Hsiao, the Co-Founder & Chief Video Officer of Animoto, an award-winning online video maker that makes it easy for anyone to create high-performing video. As a former producer for MTV and Comedy Central, Jason was always thinking ahead and knew that there would come a day when big budget videos could someday be created easily at home. Jason talks about how the business got started plus how he and his co-founders strategically planned their way to move to New York and create a new software program that was ahead of its time.
He also dives into the key elements behind all the things you can do with Animoto and why you do not have to even get in front of the camera nor have any video content at all, and still be successful in creating professional looking videos. He also discusses the different ways to use video on the major social platforms and which one, in particular, is currently the wild west when it comes to grabbing people’s attention with your videos.
When you are done listening be sure to check out our other episodes with Rob Burns and Billy Gene Shaw for even more tips on how to use video effectively and get your message and brand out there to the greatest amount of people.
“One second on the internet is an eternity these days…on the internet, you start with 100% of your audience and you’ll be lucky if you still have half the people watching, so you don’t save the best for last, you save the best for first.” – Jason Hsiao
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How Jason was able to quit his job the right way
- Why it’s not a good idea plaster the same video all over the internet
- How to grab people’s attention fast so that they’ll continue to watch
- How to use blog content in your videos
- How to use video to manage your team and support staff
- What’s so special about the recent changes to Instagram
- What to do if you do not want to appear on camera
- Time-saving workflow ideas
- Different types of business that he sees using the software that you would never consider
- And much, much more!
Contact Jason Hsiao:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- This episode is sponsored by Intercom, one of our favorite tools as we use a lot of conversational types of chats in our marketing, even for closing affiliate deals. There’s no room for idle chat in marketing, and Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat and keeps growing your business with conversational thoughts and guided product tours. The more places you can interact with your customers, the better and with this tool, you can have a streamlined path to your products and sales. If you want to make more money, check out the link above and they will hook you up with some cool tools.
- Easy Webinar
- Steve Olsher
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- VSLs Suck – Make This Kind Of Video Instead – Rob Burns
- Billy Gene Shaw – How To Use Video And Strategic Advertising To Be Everywhere
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!