Today we’re bringing back one of our favorite episodes we’ve ever done. Today we’re talking to Chris Voss, author of “Never Split The Difference,” probably the best book ever written on negotiation.
With the changes we’ve made in our business recently, we find ourselves in many more negotiation scenarios. Relistening to this episode has been huge for us, going into discussions that could have big money implications.
Ever since recording this episode, we’ve changed our speech patterns and approached conversations differently. This is one of the most impactful episodes we feel we’ve done to date in terms of our own communication skills.
We’d love to hear your thoughts about this one over in the community Discord.
Join us for free at www.HustleAndFlowchart.com/discord!
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to seek the best outcome in the negotiation
- Why you should not ask “Why?” and what to ask instead
- How to read body language and what to say to make them more at ease
- Routine questions Chris asks during negotiating
- What is tactical empathy and how to use it in your business
- The story behind Chris’ most memorable hostage situation
- How to improve your relationship at home
- Why you should not be 100% sure of what you want as your outcome
- What a hostage negotiation has to do with marketing and the takeaways you can use to come out ahead
- The three different types of negotiators
References and Links Mentioned:
- Subscribe To The Hard Fork Media Channel
- Join the Discord Community
- Matt on Twitter | Joe on Twitter
- Hard Fork Gaming on Twitter
Resources From Chris Voss:
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Chris’ Black Swan coaching group
- The Rise of Superman by Stephen Kotler
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
- Originals by Adam Grant
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!